地址:Baku AZ-1014, Rashid.Behbudov, Str. 134, room 149，Azerbaijan
16. 2018年4月12日至17日，阿塞拜疆语言大学孔子学院举办“名医大讲堂”活动，北京著名中医李铁红应邀担任主讲。活动期间，李铁红还访问了阿塞拜疆医科大学以及光大医院（Grand Hospital），推广中医文化，并进行现场教学和诊治。
Confucius Institute at Azerbaijan University of Languages
In 2016, the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguageswas officially inaugurated. The establishment of the Confucius Institute atAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages was themain contentin"thelist of important things"identified by President Xi Jinpingof Chinaand PresidentIlham Heydar ogly AlIYEV of Azerbaijan during their meeting at theFourthCicaSummit in Shanghain May, 2014,which was also a breakthrough for ZhejiangProvince to establish aConfucius Institute inAzerbaijan.
Ⅱ. Brief Introduction
Under theguidanceofthe leaders in Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters and Education DepartmentofZhejiang Province, with support from the Chinese Embassy inAzerbaijan,with the joint efforts of both Azerbaijan UniversityofLanguages and our university, the Confucius Institute atAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages has made great achievement.Currently, there are 12 faculty members, including the deans of Chinese and foreign institutions, four Chinese teachers, three Chinese volunteers, one local Chinese teacher and two teaching secretaries. It had basically formed the development pattern which was dominated by the national “Belt and Road” Initiative in combination of Chinese language education and Chinese culture promotion, and had won a good reputation.
Ⅲ. Chinese Language Education
In terms ofChineselanguage education, the scale ofChineselanguageteachingofConfucius Institutes has steadily expanded, with 17 classes in total (including 14 classes of Chineselanguageteaching classes, 3 Chinese culture classes including Chinese national instruments, calligraphy and Chinese martial arts.) and more than 90 registered students. It also provides Chinese courses like Integrated Chineselanguage for 40 students in Azerbaijan UniversityofLanguagesmajoring in Chinese Studies who are in grade one to four. The quality of Chinese language education has won a good reputation in the university and around Baku.
Except teaching in Azerbaijan UniversityofLanguages, the institute has also set theChinese languageteaching centers in Institute of Oriental Studies of the Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Fine Arts, Tourism and Management University, National Food Center of the Azerbaijan Culture Ministry and so on. Now Confucius Institute Online network is also being prepared for construction, as well as four teaching centers including Azerbaijan Medical University, Petroleum University, middle school and so on, leading to an estimated total of more than 200 registered students.
The Confucius Institute has also been approved to set examination of HSK and HSKK, and more than 34 students have taken the exams at different levels. The institution has also been approved as the recommendation unit for Confucius Institute Scholarship students. Recently the institute also successfullyheld various exchange programs including China -Azerbaijan youth language and literature summer camp,the first official summer camp of 10 college students in Azerbaijan to China. Besides, an independent website of Confucius Institute has also been established.
Ⅳ. Chinese Culture Promotion
In the respect of spreading Chinese culture, the Confucius Institute closely followed“the Belt and Road” Initiative, efficientlymet Azerbaijan's local cultural characteristics and cultural needs.So far the Institute has successfully held various activities including“the Belt and Road” academic seminars, Chinese new year gala, Chinese food culture training, literature and art tour in Confucius Institute, seminar on 25th anniversary of establishment diplomatic relations between China and Azerbaijan, the second "Chinese Bridge"competition for middle school students and so on, about 60 cultural activities with clear and distinctive themes in total, attracting more than 20000 people to take part in activities.
Numerous leaders and celebrities have been invited by those activities, including Wei Jinghua,the ambassador of Chinese Embassy in Azerbaijan, Wang Wei, the deputy secretary general ofThe Good-Neighborliness, Friendship and Cooperation Commission of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, Wang Xiaoju, the director of Russian Institute of Eastern European History of Institute of world history in Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, the member of the national parliament of Azerbaijan, the director of the Asia division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the vice president of Azerbaijan Table Tennis National Team and other Chinese and Azerbaijan political leaders and cultural celebrities to visit and give lectures. All those activities have attracted the attention from National Television Station of Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan News Agency, Azerbaijan Culture Network, XinhuaNetwork, RenminNetwork, Chinese NetworkinRussian version,ChinaYouthDailyand otherdomesticorforeignmedias, leading to more than 315 reports in total.
1. OnJune 24th,2016,the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguagesheld the unveilingceremonyin the capitalBaku, the ambassador plenipotentiary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijan, the president of Azerbaijan UniversityofLanguages, the president of Huzhou University andotherstudents and teachersfrom universities attended the ceremony. Xu Lin, the director of head office of Confucius Institute and Hanbansentaletter of congratulation, wishing the Institute could make an important contribution to themutualunderstandingand friendship between two countries.
2. On July 13th, 2016, on the occasion of Chinese "Sailing Day", the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages held a seminar entitled “theMaritime silk roadin the 21st century” in memory of Zheng He, the renowned diplomatand traveler in Chinese history,.
3. OnSeptember 14th, 2016, the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages held an art party "the Literary Link on the Silk Road" to commemorate the 135th anniversary of Mr. Lu Xun’ death, who is the founder of modern Chinese literature for years.
4. OnSeptember 22nd, 2016, the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages held the Chinese Scholar Seminar, and invited Xu Wenhong, the deputy secretary of "The Belt and Road” Research Center,Chinese Academy of Social Sciencestoattendthe seminar andgiveaspeech. Students from the department of regional and international relations of Azerbaijan UniversityofLanguages were also present.
5. OnOctober 4th, 2016, the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages held"The Opening Day of Confucius Institute". "The Opening Day of Confucius Institute"wasone of the series activities of the "Confucius Institute day" at the Azerbaijan Language University, whichaimedto provide the people of Azerbaijan with the opportunity to closely experience the Chinese culture and to increase the communication and friendship among citizens between two countries. More than 200 people from Azerbaijan University of Language, City Baku and surrounding areas took part in this activity.
6. OnNovember 23rd2016, the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences held the opening ceremony of Confucius Institute Chinese teaching unit. Wei Jinghua the Chinese ambassador in Azerbaijan , Zheng Haining the director of the political office of the embassy, and the president of the Oriental Academy of Azerbaijan Academy of Science and the representatives of the Institute of Oriental Studies and the faculty of Confucius Institute all attended the ceremony.
7. OnJanuary 25th, 2017, the Confucius Institute of Azerbaijan university of languages held the "2017New Year Spring Festival Gala" to welcome the arrival ofthe roosteryear. The president of the Azerbaijan university of languages and the wife of the Chinese ambassador in Azerbaijan Lin Xiand other guests, with one hundred teachers and students from the university and the Confucius Institute, as well as Chinese students were involved.
8. OnFebruary 9th,2017, Azerbaijan National Academy of Fine Arts held the establishment ceremony of Chinese teaching unit of Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages. The president of National Academy of Fine Arts and the ambassador of the Chinese Embassy in Azerbaijan, Wei Jinghua, and the director of the political office of the embassy Zheng Haining as well as the representatives of the teachers and students of the Academy of Fine Arts, and all teachers in the Confucius Institute attended the ceremony.
9. OnMarch 19th,2017, the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages held the first HSK examination in 2017, which was the first HSK exam since the establishment of the institute. The examination covered HSK1 - 3 level and primary HSK, and present 19 students.
10. OnMarch 28th, 2017, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of China-Azerbaijan diplomatic ties,the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguagesheld anacademic seminar with the theme of “The relations between China and Azerbaijan: history, present and future”. Students majored in Chinese Studies from the university and the faulty from the institute attended this seminar.
11. OnMay 10th, 2017, the premiere ceremony of the e-book “the 25th anniversary ofthe establishment of diplomatic ties betweenPeople’s Republic of ChinaandRepublic of Azerbaijan” was held in the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages. Members of Azerbaijan NationalAssembly, Asia Department Director-General of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan, vice-president of Azerbaijan University of Language, counsellor of China’s embassy in AzerbaijanLi Jingsong and the students and faculty from the institute attended this ceremony.
12. OnJune 23rd, 2017, the 2nd Azerbaijan “Chinese Bridge” Chinese proficiency competition for high school students finished at Azerbaijan University of Languages, five competitors participated in this competition. The competition was held by China’s embassy in Azerbaijan, and undertook by Confucius Instituteat Azerbaijan UniversityofLanguages.
13. OnJuly 1st, 2017,the delegation led by vice-president of Azerbaijan national table tennis team visited the Confucius InstituteatAzerbaijan UniversityofLanguages. The two sides had an ample discussion on Chinese language training, communication of table tennis players between the two countries, Chinese table tennis skills lecture and etc, and established a cooperative relationship.
14. On July 15th, 2017, the Confucius Institute at Azerbaijan University of Languages participated in the second "Dorma" international food festival which was held in the northern ofKhachmaz, Azerbaijian. At the food festival, representatives of the Confucius Institute at Azerbaijan University of Languages introduced the story of the Dragon Boat Festival and the traditional Chinese food “ zongzi”, and gave the Chinese tea art performance which attracted a lot of local people.
15. On September 28th, 2017, ConfuciusInstitute at AzerbaijanUniversity of Languagesheld the2017 year "Confucius Institute day" activity.Teachers and students of theinstitute presented a wonderful performance of traditional Chinese literature and art, and also set up 9 booths in the exhibition hallon the first floor at AzerbaijanUniversityof Languages, The exhibition includingbooks, textbooks, Chinese knots, paper-cuts, calligraphers,tea ceremony, moon cakes, crafts, traditional Chinese games and so on, and attracted a large number of local people toenjoy and participate.
16. From April 12th to 17th, 2018, Confucius Institute at Azerbaijan University of Languages held an activity called "Famous Doctor Lecture hall". Li Tiehong, a famous doctor of traditional Chinese medicine from Beijing, was invited to be the keynote speaker. During the activity, Li also visited Azerbaijan Medical University and Grand Hospital to promote the culture of traditional Chinese medicine, and conducted on-site teaching and diagnosis.